Online Counseling Services available in English, French, and Spanish.
Counseling online or eTherapy does not replace face to face therapy, which tends to be most effective. However, it can be of value for clients experiencing significant psychological distress, or recurrent psychopathology. Some clients want brief, convenient, and anonymous therapy service. Some clients with physical disabilities find online services more accessible. Clients who experience anxiety when talking face-to-face with a therapist, or clients who are extremely shy, may feel more comfortable dealing with their problems by means of a computer. Most clients benefit from gaining convenient emotional support and professional guidance.
This form of counseling is suited to a problem-solving approach, which appeals to many consumers.
My online counseling services include the following:
anxiety/panic, self-esteem, grief and loss, jealousy, blame, co-dependency and attachment, abuse/boundary issues, communication skills, spiritual development, anger management, depression, relationship advice, personal growth, conflict resolution, stress management, food and body issues, etc.
Couples can receive counseling therapy also. You may each write your own email or you may write an email together that details the problem you are facing as a couple. Please include the following in your email:
1. The present issue or problem (including some examples)
2. Some background information on yourself (counseling history, use of psychotropic medications, hospitalizations, etc.)
3. Ways in which the problem is affecting you
4. What you would like to achieve through counseling
5. What efforts you have made to cope with or resolve the present problem
Making a Counseling Request
Here are some suggestions on the type of information to include in a counseling request:
- Give a short description of the situation that’s bothering you and what you want help with.
- Explain how you feel about this situation and the people involved.
- How do you feel about yourself? Allow feelings to free flow.
- Express all the self-judgments (what you are telling to yourself) you have in this situation.
- Express your frustration, anger, or any other emotion you can identify.
- Is there anything else affecting how you feel right now?
- Can you guess what the person (people) involved in this situation feels?
- What’s your communication usually like with them?
- Tell me about any previous attempts to deal with this situation.
- What results do you want from your counseling?
- Is there a part of you you’d like to understand better or want to change?
If I do not feel that eTherapy is appropriate in your situation, or I do not believe that I can be of assistance, I will notify you in my confirmation email. You will not be charged for the session in that case, and I may offer you a referral.
After submitting your email, you will receive a confirmation indicating that your message has been received. Please click on the PayPal button in the email or one of the PayPal buttons on the site to make a payment for the session. After payment has been verified, you will receive a detailed response to your situation (usually within 24-48 hours).
The APA (American Psychological Association, 2002) ethics code states that psychologists who offer services via electronic transmission inform clients/patients of the risks to privacy and limits of confidentiality. For this reason, I need you to sign the waiver explaining the limits of confidentiality on the Internet, which you will find in the Begin eTherapy page. You can print it, sign it, scan it and email it back with your question or with your payment. Also, by using these counseling services online you are understanding and agreeing to the limitations of this type of therapy.
Types of Counseling available and Fees:
$ 10 for 1 short counseling email to your question. (FREE)
$ 30 for 2 short counseling emails equivalent to 20 minutes.
$ 80 for 3 long counseling emails equivalent to 50 minutes traditional session.
Each email therapy session fee is in CDN $. Payment can be made by using PayPal, which is a third-party company that is nationally recognized and uses a secure server. You will need to have a credit card account or bank account to utilize this service.
To begin your online therapy session, follow these steps:
- Go to the Begin eTherapy page and complete the client agreement. Submit a detailed description of your problem when prompted.
- Click on one of the PayPal buttons to establish an account with PayPal, or to pay using your existing PayPal account.
- Authorize payment to Reida Real Reyes (email@example.com) using your PayPal account.
- You will receive a confirmation email showing your email was received. Be sure your email account is set up to receive email from Reida Real Reyes.
- Once payment has been verified, you will receive your counseling email within 24-48 hours (response times may be longer during holidays and weekends).
Click on the PayPAL icon to establish your payment account: